The Politics of ShoppingPart of: Politics
Tiffany's view: Dell computers and customer service suck. If you're buying someone a computer this holiday season, buy any other brand.
Someone sent me this...
With the holidays upon us, some of us might wish to be mindful of whom we patronize relative to their 2000 Election Cycle political donations, as reported by the Center for Responsive Politics.
*Price Club/Costco donated $225K, of which 99% went to democrats;
WalMart, $467K, 97% to republicans;
K-Mart, $524K, 86% to republicans;
Home Depot, $298K, 89% to republicans;
Target, $226K, 70% to republicans;
Circuit City Stores, $261K, 95% to republicans;
*Rite Aid, $517K, 60% to democrats;
*Magla Products (Stanley tools, Mr. Clean), $22K, 100% to democrats;
3M Co., $281K, 87% to republicans;
Hallmark Cards, $319K, 92% to republicans;
Amway, $391K, 100% republican;
Kohler Co. (plumbing fixtures), $283K, 100% republicans;
*Warnaco (undergarments), $55K, 73% to democrats;
B.F. Goodrich (tires), $215K, 97% to republicans;
*Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, $153K, 99% to democrats;
* Estee Lauder, $448K, 95% to democrats;
* Guess ? Inc., $145K, 98% to democrats;
* Calvin Klein, $78K, 100% to democrats;
* Liz Claiborne, Inc., $34K, 97% to democrats;
* Levi Straus, $26K, 97% to democrats;
* Olan Mills, $175K, 99% to democrats.
Coors, $174K, 92% to republicans; (also Budweiser - sd)
* Gallo Winery, $337K, 95% to democrats;
Brown-Forman Corp. (Southern Comfort, Jack Daniels, Bushmills, Korbel wines - as well as Lennox China, Dansk, Gorham Silver), $644K, 80% to republicans;
* Southern Wine &Spirits, $213K, 73% to democrats;
* Joseph E. Seagrams &Sons (includes beverage business, plus considerable media interests), $2M+, 67% democratic;
Pilgrim's Pride Corp. (chicken), $366K, 100% >republican;
Outback Steakhouse, $641K, 95% republican;
* Sonic Corporation, $83K, 98% democrat;
Tricon Global Restaurants (KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell), $133K, 87% republican;
Brinker International (Maggiano's, Brinker Cafe, Chili's, On the Border, Macaroni Grill, Crazymel's, Corner Baker, EatZis), $242K, 83% republican;
* Triarc Companies (Arby's, T.J. Cinnamon's, Pasta Connections), $112K, 96% democrats;
Waffle House, $279K, 100% republican;
McDonald's Corp., $197K, 86% republican;
Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Smokey Bones, Bahama Breeze), $121K, 89% republican;
* Hyatt Corporation, $187K, 80% to democrats;
Mariott International, $323K, 81% to republicans;
Holiday Inns, $38K, 71% to republicans.
Choose Blue. Shop locally and shop BLUE
Use the US Post Office, not Fedex or UPS
Use the corner hardware store- Home Depot is a huge contributer to the GOP.
Please send to like minded friends and urge them to draw a line in the sand. 80% of annual !! You can make a difference now.retail business is done in the next three weeks!